Friday, April 22, 2011

She Drives me Crazy....

Just a quick disclaimer; If you are reading this and there are no pictures, that is because I am writing this on a computer that has none of my pictures. I plan on putting some up later, so if there are pictures included then disregard this disclaimer and just keep reading.
Second disclaimer; I have found out my family is reading this, so for the sake of the Thacker family, and their Larson family affiliates I would just like to say that the views expressed in this blog are mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, positions or strategies of the Thacker's and/or Larson's.
Now that the legal jargon is in place, I will continue with my random rant. So my current automobile has been a good ride, but much like or family's dog, she is getting old and run down (no offense to Roxy our poodle). I am not seriously looking for a new car, but I have started to research. BUT, with prospect of adding a new car into my life I thought I would take a walk down memory lane with my previous rides.

1st car from 2002-2003. Year: 1989,  Make: Acura, Model: Integra, Nickname: The Thacura. Unique characteristics. Missing front left wheel hubcap, burned oil stains on the back, dent in the hood from my older sister running into a dodge durango in '99, No door handle on the outside driver side, Dashboard blinked when turn signal on, clock and radio preset always reset when the car was turned off, car over heats when speeds exceed 65 MPH, and for added flair I put a HURLEY sticker right below the integra sign that looked like it was part of the car.
The Thacura

2nd car 2004-Present. Year: 2000, Make: Volkswagon, Model: Jetta, Nickname: My Manjetta. Unique characteristics....too be honest its not so much the characteristics but how the car is described by me and those who see it. For example it has a roof rack but to make it sound more manly I describe as an aggressive roof rack. Other characteristic is its ability to make guys in trucks drive up to see if a cute chick is driving only then to see the curly haired male in the drivers seat and have them speed off embarrassed and angry
This was honestly the only picture of the Man-Jetta I had on my computer

So, as I search for a new ride I am torn between wanting to increase my manliness and get a truck, or be economical and get something with better gas mileage.....I'm sure there will be more posts in the future once I actually decide what car to get, and if I buy a car......then again I could drop the car and just keep cruising on my Vespa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment