Friday, April 1, 2011

Early to Bed and Super Early to Rise!

This time is actually very close to when I woke up today...except for it was the AM.
Ever since I was little I have always woken up early. As a kid it was primarily so I could be the first one to the TV on Saturday morning so I could watch my cartoons. However, now as an adult (I use the term loosely), I am still waking up early. And by early I mean before my alarm is set to go off for work. There are no good cartoons these days, so I know that isn't the reason my body wants to wake me up. Once awake, there is no going back to sleep; its awful. Normally I try to wake up just before 7 to get ready for work. Today I was up at 5:30 AM. So what did I do with my extra time? I did push ups, conceived a very elaborate plan to dress up like a co-worker (inspired by the office), developed a plan to end world hunger, and then made some scrambled eggs. The ironic thing is at this point in the day now, I am not really that far ahead of my usual schedule. With more time available, I take my time doing everything. So really at the end of the day I am just more exhausted from having been up longer, upset that I can't sleep in, and when I think about it I realize how stupid modern day cartoons are.

No comments:

Post a Comment