Sunday, January 22, 2012

Take a Picture, it'll Last Longer

I genuinely wish I took more pictures of things. In high school I took a photography class and it was by far one of the most fun things I have ever done. We got to develop our own film in the dark room and everything. I loved it. On a side note, even more than taking the pictures, I love being in them. Any time I am with my older sister Kristyn (who loves taking pictures herself) I try and get in as many of hers as I can. I prefer to just make goofy faces, and she eats it up too so everyone wins. However, back to my photography rant. I love pictures, especially super creative ones or ones that capture a great image of nature or somebody's personality. At home I will flip through my parent's national geographic magazines just to see what gorgeous pictures people take (not the naked African natives either....pervs). I sometimes get bothered when somebody who has a $1000 camera just takes basic pictures and calls themselves a photographer. They lack talent and creativity. They just have good equipment is all. But I guess I can't hate them too much, because at least they are making the effort to go out and actually take pictures. I think I need to develop my love of it into a hobby and actually snap some shots.
Say Cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment