Wednesday, November 9, 2011

bulls eye

I am a child at heart. If this is surprising to you, then you clearly don't know me. I quote a friend when I say, I am child-like, not childish though. I believe there is a difference. However, because of my frugality of maturity, I like to be entertained. At work we recently moved office buildings. In the old office I had two nerf guns I kept in my file cabinet. I called them "motivational tools". Randomly throughout the day, I would shoot the screens of my sales people when they least suspected it, they would stick to the monitor and I would laugh thinking I am funny. When we moved buildings I decided to leave the motivational tools at home.....until recently. A couple of friends showed me that if you have 1/2" PVC pipe, the perfect size for a nerf dart, you can make a homemade blowgun...which I did. The longer the pipe, the more velocity. I brought a 3ft pipe to work and a handful of darts, except the darts I use now have a small whistle to them. These suckers fly fast and super accurate. The best part is because the pipe is so unsuspecting, I can quickly pull it out, shoot someone, and hide it before they know what hit them. They actually sting too which is added fun. I have shot consultants, other managers, and the QA director. Today I saw a senior manager in the distance looking away from my direction. Against my better judgement, I loaded up my gun and fired at his back....full speed. I kid you not, 3ft before it hit him square in the shoulder blades, the possessed dart all of a sudden lifted and ended up nailing him square in the head. He is bald and that thing left a mark right on his shiny dome....I'm thinking I will need to find a new "motivational" tool at work

No comments:

Post a Comment