Saturday, September 10, 2011

Reading is FUNdamental

I really used to enjoy reading. Even as a little kid I picked up reading really fast and won school awards for being on top of it. This was all good and well, until I hit high school and college. School has absolutely ruined my love of reading, and every year I feel like it is getting worse. I have so much required reading that when I have a free moment, I would rather not have to pick up another book. There are so many books that I would love to be able to sit down and just ready, but anytime I start a book, I remember how much I hate reading now and it just ruins it for me. It probably doesn't help that I have almost no attention span thanks to some medication I take, but I really only feel like that is a contributing factor. I would love to get my love of reading back, there are so many books I want to read like: The Art of War, Men are from Mars Women are from Venus, and War and Peace (in Russian). But I know that until I feel like I can enjoy reading, which probably won't happen until after I finish school for good, I will probably continue to loathe reading a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment