Monday, October 3, 2011

Drive me crazy

I am not one to hate on other states. I have matured and will frankly just say that the state of Utah is not a place for me in the future. HOWEVER, I will say I freaking hate a number of driving patterns that run rampant here:
1. You try to switch lanes and the person next to you speeds up to block you.
2. The people in the fast lanes drive slower than anybody else
3. On a 2-3 lane highway, a line of cars will all drive at the exact same slow speed thus creating traffic and pissed off drives. This is called a "Utah road block."
4. Merging on to the freeway is a safety hazard since everyone thinks they are privileged to go before you.
5. Nobody yields to oncoming traffic. And don't bother trying to be safe at a round-a-bout. Someone is going to die. 
6. This is actually for the bike riders, but you aren't a car so get out of my lane
7. This is for pedestrians, I don't care if cars have to yield for you, stop running into the street while I am speeding down it. I will run you over and not feel bad.
8. And to the Utah Department of Transportation: Your roads are in a perpetual state of suckiness.
*Disclaimer: I am not trying to claim that California drivers are better by any means. But we at least collectively drive fast and will give you the chance to switch lanes....assuming you can keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment