Tuesday, April 10, 2012

48 hour kits.....for zombies!

For years my church has been telling people that they should have a 48 hour emergency kit. They have also been teaching people that they should have food storage. I have also noticed that lately TV and movies are starting to promote Zombies again. I may not be John Nash (the schizo mathematician from A Beautiful Mind) but if you put the two together, I think its obvious that really the emergency we all need to be preparing for is a zombie attack. Have you seen the movie I am legend? Sadly it was a cancer curing drug that turned everyone into freaking vampire zombie things. Having food storage does you no good, if you get bit in the neck by one of the walking dead. You might be thinking, "Eric you are crazy, there aren't going to be zombies." Well I would reply by saying you should read the bible sometime, because it basically admits there will be zombies:
Isaiah 26 :19 Thy dead men shall livetogether with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.
There it is folks, there will be zombies. So I have started preparing my emergency kit. It has the usual like flashlights and band-aids, but I have started buying whittling knives to sharpen spears and arrows, and I will soon be buying a Louisville slugger bat. The bat is really the tool need, the fact that it is a Louisville slugger is because I like flair. One day I will get a gun that doesn't shoot Nerf darts, but Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was my Zombie survival kit

No comments:

Post a Comment